Deep Tissue Massage in Cancun, MX
Deep Tissue Massage Therapy can have tremendous benefits for people who suffer chronic discomfort due to damage and strains to muscle and connective tissues. The techniques used focus on these deep problem areas provide health benefit that go beyond the relief of sore muscles and joints. Deep Tissue Massage Therapy can provide exponential benefits to your overall health and sense of well-being. If you suffer from chronic pain, headaches, poor posture or just want to relieve overall stress and tension, it’s time that you enjoyed the benefits of Deep Tissue Massage at Matrix Spa & Massage in Cancun!
What is Deep Tissue Massage?
Deep Tissue Massage Therapy focuses on the muscles, tendons and fascia below the surface. It is not unlike Swedish massage in terms of techniques, but utilizes more pressure that goes deeper to reach areas of chronic pain and tension with the goal being to release and relieve persistent problems. The main difference between Swedish and Deep Tissue therapies is the type of relief that each aspires to. Many of the techniques are similar, with Deep Tissue often being used in a slower fashion with greater applied pressure. The goal of Swedish massage is geared toward relaxation while Deep Tissue is focuses on tension, stress and relief of muscle and joint discomfort.
Chronic muscle discomfort often stems from strain, injury, and tension. These bands of taut tissue are called adhesions and they hinder circulation and mobility. Deep tissue massage therapy helps to realign the various layers of muscle in your body by correcting these adhesions and restoring your body’s free range of movement. Massage therapists generally apply oil in conjunction with the direct pressure methods.
Benefits of Deep Tissue Massage
Deep Tissue massage is primarily focused on the release of tension, chronic discomfort and the restoration of movement. However, there are a wide range of direct and peripheral benefits that include:
- Chronic Back Pain: Regular and repeated deep tissue massage has shown a significant reduction in back pain for chronic sufferers.
- Blood Pressure: Studies indicate that people enjoy a reduction in blood pressure from Deep Tissue Massage Therapy. A treatment lasting 45 to 60 minutes resulted in a systolic drop of about 10 mm/Hg and a diastolic decline of 5.3 mm/Hg.
- Heart Rate: Regular treatment has been linked to reduced heart rates of nearly 11 beats per minute.
- Stress Reduction: Inflammation, stress and muscle pain negatively affect the body’s natural functions. Massage therapy can restore normal functions and jump start hormones that help relax our bodies such as oxytocin. Deep tissue massage is basically a natural form of stress relief.
- Posture: By relaxing muscle and allowing the body to move pain free, it’s easy to enjoy correct posture and body alignment. Hunching forward can cause pressure on your organs and affect things such as digestion. Poor posture is a greater issue than many realize because it creates tension in the body and we tend to adjust by misaligning our gate and movements further. This in turn can create more muscle and tendon stress. It’s like a slow moving avalanche that regular therapy can help correct.
- Sciatica: That shooting pain experience from the lower back into the legs is often generated by muscle tightness. Relaxing those muscles at significant depths can help relieve sciatica discomfort and pain.
- Headaches: Headaches are often caused by tension in other areas of the body. By treating areas such as the neck and shoulders on a regular basis, many chronic headache sufferers find a reduction in debilitating pain.
Muscle Pain Relief from Matrix Spa & Massage Cancun
Your body is your temple and keeping it functioning well means the world to your overall sense of happiness and well-being. Muscle and joint pain are common problems that we all experience and at Matrix Spa & Massage of Cancun our licensed, trained professional therapists can give you the relief you deserve. To schedule an appointment, contact us here, or call 1-998-254-9333.